Patient Guide to “How it Works”
AcceleDent® Aura with SoftPulse Technology®
AcceleDent® Aura with SoftPulse Technology releases a safe and effective light force pulse that transmits through the roots of your teeth to the surrounding bone socket. This helps accelerate the cellular response and speeds the rate with your teeth can move. When used in conjunction with orthodontics, AcceleDent Aura has been clinically proven to move teeth up to 50% faster.
Did You Know?
“Crooked Teeth,” or Malocclusion, affects 74% of adults. With crooked teeth, it’s often more difficult to remove plaque and debris from between your teeth.
If left untreated, there is an increase risk for tooth decay and periodontal disease. With recent advances in orthodontic technology, we now have the ability to straighten teeth in significantly less time.
Propel is a micro-invasive treatment that use micro-osteoperforations to stimulate the bone to remodel faster and therefore “Excellerate” your tooth movement
Micro-Osteoperforation with Propel is:
- Clinically proven safe and effective
- Doctor-performed in just a few minutes during your regular scheduled office visit
- Can be used with braces or clear aligners
“My doctor saw I wasn’t wearing my rubber bands enough, and that was slowing down my braces. She told me about Propel and how I could get back on track to get my braces off in time for prom, so I thought it was a great idea.”
-Maria, Propel orthodontic patient
A Better Way Forward
Micro-osteoperforation with Propel offers a straightforward solution to your orthodontic need in just a few steps.
- Before Propel, rinse twice with chlorhexidine, a disinfectant.
- Your doctor anesthetizes the area and applies Propel where needed.
- Your doctor discusses options for your next visit, and you can get back to your busy schedule!
Benefits of Micro-Osteoperforation with Propel
- See faster results without added discomfort or inconvenience.
- Use Propel with any type of orthodontic appliance, whether braces or aligners.
- Receive Propel treatment during your regular office visit
- Save time with fewer office visits.
- Forget surgery. Micro-Osteoperforation requires no recovery time.
Is Accelerated Treatment Painful?
Many patients who have experienced the acceleration devices feel that it makes the teeth feel better during and after the short 20 minute session. It prepares the bone so the teeth can move faster with less discomfort.